
What is happening in The Spirit of Education? What is Norman Rockwell saying about the situation- and about education- through the attitudes of the boy and the seated woman?
When I look at this picture I see a boy who doesn't want to be at school, or in the learning atmosphere. It looks like he is having a hard time accepting that he has to do what the teacher is telling him to do. But on the other hand it looks like the teacher is encouraging him to do nothing but the best and to not give up on his education. She is keeping a smile on her face and not getting mad at him while it looks like he is refusing education. The Spirit of Education is being forced onto the children because they are not wanting to do it. Through the attitudes I would say that it is showing that they had some ups and downs during the time they were bringing education into the picture.
When I look at this picture I see a boy who doesn't want to be at school, or in the learning atmosphere. It looks like he is having a hard time accepting that he has to do what the teacher is telling him to do. But on the other hand it looks like the teacher is encouraging him to do nothing but the best and to not give up on his education. She is keeping a smile on her face and not getting mad at him while it looks like he is refusing education. The Spirit of Education is being forced onto the children because they are not wanting to do it. Through the attitudes I would say that it is showing that they had some ups and downs during the time they were bringing education into the picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment